Fluoride-Free Dental Treatments for Your Health
If you’re careful about the chemicals, preservatives, and other elements you ingest and put into your body, you are likely aware of the reasons to avoid fluoride. Fluoride has long been added to drinking water and toothpaste and used as a dental treatment in schools and dental offices across the country. Modern scientific studies and testing have now revealed that fluoride poses some dangers to humans. At Kozica Dental, we are committed to providing and promoting fluoride-free dental treatments in Worcester, MA. We have found fluoride-free alternatives that are just as effective - and much less toxic - to our patients. Call us today to learn more about how to avoid fluoride in dental treatments and products.
What Is Fluoride?
Fluoride is a compound often added to water, toothpaste, and mouthwash, but it can even be found in varying levels in tea, coffee, beer, and kombucha. While fluorine is a naturally occurring element, fluoride is a compound that is the result of combining chemicals and chemical byproducts with fluorine. The most common compounds are fluorosilicic acid, sodium fluoride, and sodium fluorosilicate. Holistic dentists and fluoride-free dentists have long known of fluoride’s potential for toxicity and harmful side effects and have committed to providing fluoride-free dental treatments.
Why Avoid Fluoride?
Even though you have probably been told your entire life that fluoride benefits your teeth and oral health, current investigations and research have determined that it can be toxic and harmful to humans over time. Look at the reasons you should avoid fluoride to see why our dental office is committed to providing safe, fluoride-free dental treatments:
- Fluoride is toxic or poisonous in large amounts.
- Humans do not need fluoride to survive or be healthy.
- Fluoride is not natural.
- Fluoride toothpastes and mouthwashes often contain other harmful ingredients and additives.
- Ingesting fluoride can cause discoloration of the teeth, decreased thyroid function, impaired glucose tolerance, and endocrine disruption.
- Holistic, organic, and chemical-free dental treatments and products are much safer than fluoride.
- Too much fluoride can cause dental fluorosis or skeletal fluorosis, which damages bones and joints.
- High levels of exposure to fluoride before birth can cause future cognitive issues.
- Fluoride can contribute to and exacerbate other health problems, including acne, skin issues, cardiovascular problems, reproductive issues, joint and bone disorders, neurological problems, and thyroid dysfunction.
Advantages of Fluoride-Free Dental Treatments in Worcester, MA
Fluoride-free dental treatments are just as effective and without the risk of harmful side effects or health problems. Advances in modern dentistry have allowed fluoride-free dentists to maintain their patients’ oral and dental health using safer, holistic dental treatments and products. Toothpastes, mouthwashes, and other dental products that don’t contain fluoride are effective at fighting bacteria, preventing tooth decay, reducing the risk of dental cavities, and whitening teeth. Other advantages of fluoride-free dental treatments include:
- Minimized risk of harmful chemicals and toxins and their side effects
- Avoid health complications and dangerous diseases and illnesses caused by fluoride toxicity
- Control bacteria, plaque, and tartar just as effectively
- Avoid a fluoride allergy or negative reaction
- Prevent risks associated with accidental swallowing or ingesting fluoride products
Why Choose Kozica Dental for Fluoride-Free Dental Treatments
At Kozica Dental, our entire team is committed to maintaining a safe, comfortable environment for patients. We offer holistic, fluoride-free dental treatments and mercury-free fillings for our patients’ safety. We are dedicated to staying on top of the latest research, studies, and advancements in dentistry to ensure we’re always offering the safest and most effective dental care to our patients. Our dental services are fluoride-free, mercury-safe certified, and effective for maintaining dental and oral health and preventing health issues. We specialize in general dentistry, including preventive dental care, gum disease and periodontal treatment, cosmetic dentistry, and oral cancer screenings. We use state-of-the-art dental technology, including digital x-rays and intraoral cameras to improve our patients’ safety and comfort.
Visit Our Fluoride Free Dentist Today
Call us today or contact us online to learn more about the advantages of fluoride-free dental treatments. We are accepting new patients and would be happy to schedule your first appointment. We accept most major dental insurance, including BlueCross BlueShield, Aetna, Cigna, Delta Dental, and Altus Dental. We also offer financing options through CareCredit. Visit us today to find out why we’re considered a leading provider of dental services in our community!