Keep Your Smile Bright & Healthy with Preventive Care
Kozica Dental provides preventive dental care to patients in and around Worcester, MA. Preventive dental care is essential throughout your life, no matter your age. Practicing good oral hygiene at home and scheduling regular checkups with your dentist can help keep your smile bright and healthy for many years to come. Here are some ways you can prevent plaque and cavities:
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily with a soft-bristled toothbrush to remove food particles and plaque from the tooth surfaces. Be sure to brush the top surface of your tongue, as this will remove any extra plaque-causing food particles and help keep your breath fresh. Check out our instructions to learn more about brushing techniques for good oral health.
- Clean between your teeth by flossing at least once a day. You can also use an alcohol-free mouthwash to help kill bacteria and freshen your breath. Decay-causing bacteria can linger between teeth where toothbrush bristles can't reach. Floss and alcohol-free mouthwash will help remove plaque and food particles between the teeth and the gumline. To learn more about flossing techniques for good oral health, check out our flossing instructions.
What is Preventive Dental Care?
Preventive dental care is a type of dentistry that helps patients maintain good oral health by combining dental checkups with the development of good oral habits, such as brushing and flossing. Preventive dental care is for patients of all ages.
The Benefits of Preventive Dental Care
Preventive dental services offer patients a wide range of benefits. It's not enough to brush and floss your teeth. Every six months, it's essential to see a dentist. The benefits of professional preventive dental care include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lowers risk of tooth decay
- Decreases risk of gum disease
- Lessens the chance of having serious dental problems
- Helps promote good oral hygiene
- Identifies dental problems early on
- Minimizes treatment time and cost
The Types of Preventive Dentistry Services We Offer
At Kozica Dental, we offer a wide range of preventive dentistry services. We understand the importance of preventive dentistry, so we ensure we offer comprehensive services. The types of preventive dentistry services we offer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Routine oral exams
- Routine cleanings
- Routine X-Rays
- Oral cancer screenings
- Scaling and root planing
- Dental sealants if needed
- Good oral hygiene education
How Does Preventive Dentistry Work?
Preventive dentistry usually starts with a complete set of X-rays. Then it incorporates teeth cleaning to remove calculus and other buildup, the examination of potential decay, gum health, oral cancer screenings, and overall oral health. Preventive dental care services work in tandem with having good oral hygiene outside of professional dental care. Preventive dentistry shows dentists the early signs of potentially significant future problems, allowing early intervention.
Contact Us Today for Preventive Dentistry
We provide preventive dentistry services for children and adults throughout Worcester and the surrounding areas. Clinical dental cleanings and exams are essential to long-term oral health. Professional dental cleaning is needed because plaque cannot be removed by simply brushing or flossing. If it's been six months since your last dental checkup, then it's time to contact our practice and schedule your next appointment. We look forward to serving your preventive dentistry needs.